If you’re unfamiliar with what Freshman Convocation is, then keep calm because I am here to enlighten you. Freshman Convocation marks your start at Georgia State, it’s the official induction ceremony for incoming Panthers! Now, I was a freshman once and I know you’re asking yourself, “why should I go? ‘cuz it sounds lame.” So let me answer it for you with 5 great reasons…
1. You get to be around everybody in the class of 2021, as in every freshman that’s in the exact same boat that you are, so try to meet at least one new person.
2. You’ll be introduced to GSU traditions, President Becker, and faculty!
3. You receive your official Georgia State University medallion during a special presentation.
4. You’ll also receive a nice program which will be perfect for snapping along with your medal, and perfect for your parents to show off at work.
5. Once convocation is finished then it’s time to head to Hurt Park and turn up at the Block Party!
Freshman Convocation will be held on Sunday, August 20, 2017 at 3 p.m., and freshmen and their family members are invited to attend the annual tradition. We’re hype to welcome a new class of Panthers to GSU, and we also want to wish all new, returning, transfer and transient students a great school year!