Welcome Back Panthers! It is time to get back into school mode and make this semester awesome. One thing I love about spring semester is that it seems to go by much faster, because not only do we have this upcoming Monday off for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, but also because Spring Break is less than two months away. Not to mention there is always some hope for another snow-pocalypse.
For me, this is my last undergraduate semester and I am pretty excited. I plan to make this final semester a memorable one and you should too, so here are five things you should do before spring semester ends…
1. Plan an awesome program that brings students together: As a Resident Assistant and a student leader I have had to plan my share of programs for the student body. This semester I hope to plan an unforgettable program/ event that students and faculty will talk about. You can do the same within your organization(s).
2. Take a trip to career services: A lot of people don’t realize how amazing the Career Services Center actually is. I really recommend scheduling an appointment. They can help you with job searches for after college, perfecting your resume and Linkedin account, and creating cover letters that will put you in the running to land you a great spot in the field of your choice.
3. Explore where you live: Sometimes it’s easy to take advantage of living in downtown Atlanta. A lot of people would kill to live conveniently in the mix of all the action and awesomeness that Atlanta provides for its community. So take a walk in the park on a afternoon and stumble upon something new, or actually take a trip to the High Museum and explore the Old Fourth Ward and its culture and history. Atlanta is truly an amazing place to be.
4. Go to the office of Civic Engagement and Volunteer: There is no greater feeling than that of giving back to the community. My hope for this semester is to give a lot of my time helping others in need. What’s a better way to make a semester feel special than knowing you gave your time to serve others? Fun fact: students who volunteer earn GPAs that are .08 to .05 higher than those who do not.
5. Lastly, It’s basketball season! If you don’t do anything on this list please try to make it to at least one Georgia State Basketball game. There is no better way to make yourself feel apart of the #PantherFamily than by going to a basketball game this spring. It will truly make you appreciate and enjoy being a Panther.