Have you heard whispers of the new bike share program, but aren’t exactly sure how it works? If so you’re in the right place!
In the words of Relay Bike Share, ”bike share is good for you, good for the environment, and good for your wallet.” Take time away from driving and rent a bike for an hour to switch things up a little. Not only is it good for the environment, but it’s a phenomenal and fun way to get in shape. Oh, and I forgot to mention there’s a plan specifically for students.
The student plan includes a $25 semester pass allowing you 60 minutes of daily riding time throughout downtown. Just make sure to get the bike back to the station in time and you’ll be good, if not, you’ll be charged overages.
How It Works:
They go by the 4 R’s:
- Reserve: You can reserve a bike on your smartphone via the Relay Bike app at either the Apple store or Google play.
- Release: Arrive at the bike station, place your specified code onto the bike keypad to release.
- Ride: Enjoy a ride around Atlanta easily navigating downtown and take in some of the scenery that this city has to offer, as well.
- Return: When you’re done all you have to do is return your bike back to its station and continue on with your day.
Location of Bikes on Campus:
- Arts and Humanities Building
- Petit Natural Science Center
- Woodruff Park
- Sweet Auburn Market (near campus)
- Underground Atlanta (near campus)
Head over to Relay Bike Share for more info, and remember to ride safe!