OFFICIAL RULES AND GUIDELINES:
To participate in this Georgia State University (“University”) 2013 “Value of Atlanta” Video Contest (“Contest”), you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules. By entering this Contest, you expressly agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the University, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest.
1. Contest Entry:
- Contest Period: The Contest begins on or about 8:00 a.m. (“EST”) on April 2, 2013 (“Contest Start Date”) and ends at 5:00 p.m. (“EST”) on April 29, 2013 (“Contest End Date”). University’s Division of Public Relations and Marketing Communication’s computers shall maintain the official time for this Contest.
- Entry Topic:
- Students should submit original, unpublished entries that creatively capture the “value of Atlanta” from their perspective.
- Entries will be judged by University faculty and staff on how well the entries reflect the University’s location and the opportunity that the location presents in providing students with wide-ranging opportunities to connect with the City of Atlanta’s business, government, nonprofit and cultural communities.
- Entry Length: The length of each entry should be between 60 – 90 seconds.
- Entry Submission: Entries must be submitted in DVD format and include a completed entry form that includes your name, address, zip code, phone number, and University email address. Entries must be legibly labeled with your name and University email address and must be submitted in person to the University’s Division of Public Relations and Marketing Communication’s Office lobby by the Contest End Date.
- Entry Judging: A panel of University faculty and staff will evaluate all valid entries received by the Contest End Date. The winning video(s) will be announced on via Georgia State Student Email Address by the judges no later than at 5:00 p.m. (“EST”) on May 6, 2013. The judges’ decision will be final.
- Additional Details:
- Entries should be appropriate for all audiences.
- No copyrighted materials (music, images, etc.) may be used for this contest unless you own the copyright or have a license to use the material for this contest. Written permission must be obtained and provided upon request for all copyrighted materials.
- No professional assistance is allowed. Adults may assist with production but are limited to verbal guidance only. Adults are allowed to be actors or cameramen but not content contributors
- University will not be responsible for late, lost, incomplete, unreadable, or misdirected entries. Proof of submission of an entry does not constitute proof of receipt of same. All entries must be received by Contest End Date. All entries become the property of University and will not be returned.
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to full- or part-time undergraduate and graduate students currently enrolled at the University for the Spring 2013 semester. University faculty, staff, or affiliated organizations/vendors are not eligible to participate.
Grand Prize (1 Winner) – Value: $799.99
One (1) Grand Prize winner shall receive Canon EOS Rebel T4L Digital Camera (body only) and shall have his/her entry featured, at a minimum, on the University’s home page, currently located at http://www.gsu.edu.
Second Prize (1 Winner) – Value: $199.99
One (1) Second Prize winner shall receive a GoPro camera and shall have his/her entry featured, at a minimum, on the University’s home page, currently located at http://www.gsu.edu.
Third Prize (1 Winner) – Value:$199.99
One (1) Third Prize winner shall receive a GoPro camera and shall have his/her entry featured, at a minimum, on the University’s home page, currently located at http://www.gsu.edu.
All entries, whether as a winning entry or not, may be used by the University in whole or in part, royalty free, in any media or promotional materials (in any format), including recruitment and online publications, in perpetuity.
University reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. All benefits and payments are personal to the winner and are not redeemable for cash and neither assignable nor transferable. Prize elements may be subject to additional restrictions. All applicable federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner, who must report the actual retail value of the prize on his/her income tax return(s). Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 reporting the University’s good faith determination of the retail value of the prize.
4. Validation/Selection: All Contest winners will be contacted by the University regarding their prizes following the judges’ announcement. If for any reason a prize is not claimed or a winner is disqualified, then the University may select an alternate winner of the prize from the selection of valid entries.
If the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, University reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify and/or suspend the Contest or take any other action University deems necessary or advisable in keeping with the structure and integrity of the Contest. University reserves the right to disqualify from participating in this Contest any individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a manner disruptive or abusive of the Contest. University is not responsible for any printing errors appearing in these Official Rules or related Contest materials
5. Additional Terms: By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless the
Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia by and on behalf of Georgia State University (and its cooperative organizations), the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Releasees”), from any and all claims and liabilities arising from or relating to entrant’s participation in the Contest or any Contest related activity and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, or misuse of the prize or any part thereof. By entering, each entrant further agrees that the Releasees have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or law, with respect to the prize, including without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. By entering and if a winner, winner grants University and its licensees and assigns the right to use his/her name, voice, likeness, biographical information and performance for programming, advertising, and promotional purposes, in any manner in any media and/or technologies throughout the world in perpetuity without any compensation.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED BY LAW.
QUESTIONS: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Terry Coniglio, 404-413-1356