Georgia State is such a diverse university. And not just in backgrounds, or race, gender, beliefs, ideas, majors, organizations or anything else, but in the different foods we like and the diets we have. I am a pescartarian (or a pesco-vegetarian only eating fish and a vegetarian diet). I began to go on a journey of discovery and also share my favorite places on campus to get good eats and treats:
Pescatarian/Vegetarian/ Vegan Diet:
- Veggie Bowl at Burrito Bowl in the Courtyard of Student Center East
- Salmon Sandwich at States Grill in Student Center West
- Marinated Seasoned Tofu and A Cesar Salad at States Grill
- Veggie Omelet and Fruit at Plaza Cafe in Student Center West
- Spinach, Garlic, Red Pepper and Alfredo at Pasta Mia in Student Center West
- Spinach Salad
- Berry Smoothie with Spinach at Saxby’s in the Library (ask for no dairy)
Also remember to try restaurants on Broad Street near Aderhold for a great, culturally diverse food experience.
Moral of the story: there is food for every diet & lifestyle on campus and these really great and affordable options are totally worth trying. Be sure to share with us what your favorite on-campus meal or which ones you’ve tried.