1. The huge display screen seen on the first floor will showcase student and faculty creative projects.
2. One of the building’s cool technological spotlights is on virtual and augmented reality systems.
3. This building includes a media makerspace. It will be a lab where animated characters can be 3D printed and prototyped, sets and costumes designed and fabricated, and film and game robotics can be brought to life.
4. The CMII building is also a home to the new Georgia State esports initiative. A training lab has been set up on the second floor, and students are already using it to try out for competitive League of Legends, Smite, Brawlhalla, and Paladins teams. This building will be a training hub for those esports tournaments as well.
5. Lastly, you don’t have to be majoring in a CMII-connected degree program to use the building. It’s going to be accessible for all students to not only experience innovative technology, but to study, chill, and get work done.
Find out a little more about the Creative Media Industries Institute!